Thursday, March 10, 2016

Painting and cake!

Today was another fun day of art at our MK school! Our students learned a little about pop art in the 1950s and Wayne Tebold, who is known for his paintings of cake. We are so thankful for Natasha Perryman coming to teach our kids art! 
After learning about this style of art, they got a chance to do their own painting! 
Here are the elementary students with their final products. 
 The middle and high school students had art a little later. Here is one painting that makes me a bit hungry.
 
After a fun morning of painting, the elementary students came to my house to bake some cake!
It is fun to make cake as a part of the school curriculum for the day! (I did use the opportunity to talk a little bit about measurement and fractions to make it a more educational experience.) I love using math in everyday life! While I know that the "regular" days of school are very important and necessary, I really enjoy the opportunities to do something fun and different. And who doesn't love a delicious chocolate cake? 

1 comment: