Thursday, November 26, 2015

Giving thanks in Uganda

Today I am thankful for so many things. I thought I would share a few with you as we celebrate Thanksgiving Day here in Uganda. 

1- I am thankful that the same God who is the Creator and Sustainer of the Universe has loved me and sent his Son, Jesus to bring me into his family. I want to never stop being thankful for that amazing grace! 

2- I am thankful to work at a place that shows a small picture of God's grace in caring for orphaned and vulnerable children. I long for the day when no more children will be orphaned, abused or abandoned, when God's children will all know the joy of being perfectly loved in His family. Come quickly, Jesus! 

3- Right now I am particularly thankful for two families who are here celebrating Thanksgiving with us as they live out a beautiful picture of God's love through adoption. I am also thankful that our school can assist these parents while they are waiting. Our kids are all thankful for some extra friends and classmates! 

4- I'm thankful for the opportunity to teach in a flexible, fun setting. On Wednesday we had fun doing our addition by finding the total number of points on the turkeys we shot. (It was a nerf gun, no worries.)


5- I'm particularly thankful for David! This week he turned 40! I am so blessed to be his partner in parenting, ministry and life. 

6- I'm also thankful for a wonderful day of celebrating with our missionary team, other Global Outreach missionaries and our visitors. Our students recited Psalm 100.

Afterward we all sang "Give Thanks" together. We also made a thankfulness tree. Since we live in Uganda this is our little picture of fall.

7- I'm also very thankful that after all the clean up, I had some sweet cuddle and reading time with my kiddos.  

Today I am thanking God for these gifts and so many more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment