Sunday, October 11, 2015

A Sports Day to Remember

Once a year GSF has a sports day for the staff and missionaries. It is a fun day intended to bring together people from different departments and build unity among the staff. The super competitive side of me really works to keep that goal in mind. Here are a few brief highlights from our Sports day last Thursday:
David participating in the men's Bible Quiz.
My teammates and me after winning the Bible Quiz
Esther enjoying time with some of the toddlers
Corinne and Daniel after they both did an awesome job running!
My first time playing netball. It is a very fun game! I only tweaked my hamstring a little while playing. Still praying for it to completely heal. David also played soccer, but I didn't get a good photo. The game was interrupted when a guy who was playing barefoot challenged a guy wearing cleats for the ball. It ended with a trip to the local hospital, but thankfully he did not have any broken bones, just lots of pain and swelling. 

I always love this day of getting to know the staff better, not to mention that I love competing and participating in sports. I'm blessed to work with such a fantastic group of people who also know how to have fun! Our theme verse for the day was Romans 15:5-6 "May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus, that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

We are grateful for the many Ugandan staff members God has brought to GSF who we have the privilege of serving beside. 


No comments:

Post a Comment