Sunday, June 21, 2015

Thinking of the fatherless

On this Fathers' Day I have the privilege of being with my father in South Florida. No dad is perfect, but my dad has really tried to be a little picture of the love of my Heavenly Father in my life. I am so thankful! Here is a photo of my family celebrating Fathers' Day together.

While I am so grateful for this time, I also realize that most people haven't had that blessing. The children at Good Shepherd's Fold don't have the privilege of experiencing an earthly father's love. I also have many friends whose earthly fathers have done more damage than good in their lives.

Today I am praying for these children and friends who I love. I am praying that they will know the amazing love of their Heavenly Father. I am praying that they will know that He never leaves His children. I think of the words of this song:
I have a Father; He calls me his own. He'll never leave me, no matter where I go. He knows my name. He knows my every thought. He sees each tear that falls, and hears me when I call.  
I have a Maker. He formed my heart. Before even time began, my life was in his hands. He knows my name. He knows my every thought. He sees each tear that falls, and hears me when I call.    
If you are grieving on this Fathers' Day, remember that your Maker will be your Heavenly Father. All you have to do is run to him. He is a good, loving father. He was willing to make great sacrifice to bring you into his family! If you already know this Father, I pray that you are comforted by his love for you today. He does see each tear that falls, and He will never leave you or forsake you!

No comments:

Post a Comment