Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Praises and prayer requests

I am happy to report that yesterday I saw the doctor who surgically removed the abnormal tissue on my tongue over a year ago. He looked at my tongue thoroughly and said that it looks "fantastic!" He said that there are no lesions or areas of concern, and now the recommendation is for check ups only every 6 months. I am so happy, thankful and relieved! I still have pain as the nerves are still recovering from surgery, but it is great to know that it is healthy! I know that God does not always answer our prayers in the way that we think is best, but I am very grateful for this answer to our prayers! Thank you also to the many of you who have been praying for me. I will plan to have my 6 month follow ups with our dentist in Uganda, and he will email my doctor here if any concerns arise. 

Please continue to pray for my family as we recover from some colds we've picked up while traveling. Also we would appreciate your prayers that we would love one another well. We have had so much transition in the past couple of weeks, and we are all a bit out of sorts. But even when we are tired and sick, we want to love one another. Please pray for us all to remember God's amazing love for us through Jesus Christ, to be encouraged and comforted by that love, and to want to show that love to one another. Just for fun, here is a photo of my family eating at Mr. T's pizza in Chattanooga. We are very thankful for the brief time we had to catch up with friends there. It was truly a blessing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment