Monday, January 19, 2015

Good news!

Today I went back to the dentist for my two week follow up regarding the keratinized area on my tongue. The dentist examined my tongue and said that it looks normal! The keratinized tissue has begun sloughing off and is healing normally! I am so happy and relieved!

I want to thank so many of you for praying for me, particularly over these past 2 weeks. Several times each day I needed to remind myself that I could trust God with the future. I needed to take my mind off all of the "what ifs" and instead focus on the truth of what I know. It was also encouraging to me to realize how glad I am to be here in Uganda. I am so blessed to have the opportunity to teach missionary kids, love on children who don't have families and share the gospel with our neighbors in the village in word and deed. One day as I was walking home from visiting a neighbor, I was thinking about how there isn't  anything I would rather do with my life than serve God here. I feel so blessed that many of you support our ministry here and make it possible for us to be a part of God's work in this part of Uganda. I'm not saying that it is always easy or fun or that I don't miss family and friends terribly. But God has given me a joy and peace about what he has called us to do. I am thankful that in the midst of my struggle with fear, God graciously reconfirmed my calling. 

Over the past few weeks God has also given me little glimpses of ways he is at work. The most recent is the water that God has provided for our neighbors. (I wrote about that in my last blogpost.) Another answer to prayer is that the boy who had stopped walking, Salifu, is now doing so much better. He has met with the physical therapist here at GSF three times now. He is walking again, eating again and talking some. He is much improved, and I am so happy to see him regaining his strength. He even came with us to church on Sunday. Please continue to pray for him and his family. 

Thank you all for your prayers for me over the past two weeks! God has used my health concerns over the past year and a half to regularly remind me how I need to turn to Him. I am praying that even after a good report, I will still cling to Jesus, seeing my spiritual need as clearly as my physical ones.  Many thanks again for your prayers and walking through these trials with me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment