Saturday, February 1, 2014

Reunited!

I cannot tell you how exciting it was for me to see my husband and three children walking up to the airport! So many hugs all around! Zeke was just giggling with excitement, and I felt the same way. David now has a full beard. The goatee began when I went on a one week trip fairly early in our marriage. Now he has a full beard after this month apart. I'm not sure what will happen if we have to be apart again. 

Since we had several hours to wait for my baggage to arrive, we went to lunch at a nearby restaurant. Zeke spent most of the lunchtime sitting in my lap giving me hugs! It was great! As we were leaving lunch we received a phone call that my bags were all there an hour sooner than I expected. So we drove back to the airport. Elijah went in to help me collect the bags; he is really getting to be a very helpful young man and seems to have grown while I was away. I also found out that he sang a solo in church last week. David recorded it for me, but I am sad to have missed it. 

After loading all the bags we began the drive back to Good Shepherd's Fold. David and I talked and talked, and Ezra got a good nap to help him recover from the 3 day journey with very little sleep. On the way we received the good news that our van was repaired and it was only a broken belt. Our mechanic even brought our van to GSF for us once we returned and drove the Lawson's van back to them for us. We are so thankful for Moses, a good and very helpful mechanic who is also honest and charges reasonable prices. 

When we arrived at GSF there we signs all over our house here from my children and my students welcoming Ezra and me home. It did feel like coming home. 
David had the bedroom painted a beautiful light blue color, which previously had many areas of peeling paint, and he hung some decorations around the house. It was exciting to see his work. 

We spent quite some time opening all the containers I brought back and I enjoyed seeing my children's excitement at receiving pretzels and goldfish crackers. After a late dinner, we put the children to bed. It was so good to be able to give them all goodnight hugs and kisses and pray with them rather than just praying for them from another continent. 

This morning I woke remembering that I was at home in Uganda. My children were up and playing with Legos by flashlight before the sun was up. The hyrax was giving it's last screams of the night. The bats were returning to the attic to settle in for the day of rest. The toddlers next door were waking a bit unhappy. And Daisy, the donkey, was braying. I was still very tired, but I was excited to be at home with my family. I got up to start the day as I readjust to the time zone and to life here at GSF. I am so very blessed!  

Thank you to all of you who have been praying for our travels. It is good to finally be here! Please continue to pray for healing for my tongue. I am still experiencing quite a bit of pain, particularly when talking or eating. We are so very grateful for all of your prayers! 

1 comment:

  1. So glad you made it home in one piece. :-) A blessed reunion to be sure.
    It was so nice to see your mom again. She stopped by school to get a substitute application. We'll keep praying for you, especially for quick healing and relief from pain. XXXOOO Dianne

    ReplyDelete