Tuesday, January 14, 2014

What a night!

Well, I wrote the last blogpost on my way home from Emory. When we arrived in Athens, David's parents went out to get the liquid pain medicine that was prescribed by my doctor at Emory. Apparently that particular medicine is not commonly prescribed in Athens and none of the pharmacies here had it in stock. Of course they could have it in a few days, or we could have driven back toward Atlanta, but the pain was already getting pretty bad.

Two of my dear friends who are nurses came over to help me. After talking with the doctor on call, they decided that I should go to the ER to get an IV pain medicine and a Rx that could be filled here. Narcotics cannot be called in over the phone. As I arrived at the hospital, the combination of pain, no food and blood in my mouth and stomach, made me vomit. (I'm sorry if this post is TMI.) Of course as I arrived, several ambulances did to, so my treatment was put on the back burner. Eventually, I received an IV with pain meds and anti-nausea meds. I felt better very quickly, although I did vomit again. I cannot tell you how painful vomiting is when part of your tongue was just cut out. So finally a little after 1am, I was discharged and sent home with a prescription for the second time in less than 24 hrs. 
My pain is much less now that I am on pain medicine and I am going to try to go to sleep in just a minute, but I just wanted to say something first. 

I am so thankful and comforted by all the people who have shown the love of my Heavenly Father to me in very tangible ways recently. I have received so many messages from you all that you are praying for me. For those of you in the Athens and Atlanta areas, many have offered help in various ways. And I had family and friends caring for me at the hospital from 9am yesterday until 1am this morning, with only a brief break. I am blessed beyond words. (Especially since I cannot talk right now.) Well, I am going to try to sleep while my pain level is down, but I just wanted to say, "Thank you all!" 


1 comment:

  1. So glad you're on the other side of this now. :) Still praying for you and your family--excited for your reunion soon.

    ReplyDelete