Friday, January 10, 2014

Surgery schedule

Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit"— yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, "If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that." (James 4:13-15 ESV)

I just spoke with the woman who is working on the scheduling of my tongue surgery. She said that she anticipates that the procedure will be on January 24th. I will also need a one week follow up appointment before I can leave for Uganda. This would postpone my scheduled departure for about a week. I have asked them to let me know if there are any openings or cancelations before that time, but it did not sound likely. 

Honestly, I am discouraged. I am really missing my family. I want to be back with them as soon as possible! When people ask me how long I am here or when I will have my surgery, it is hard for me to say, "I don't know." But even when we think we know, we really don't. Only God holds the future. We can make plans about what we think we will be doing, but we don't really know. I have learned to live with a great deal of uncertainty in Uganda, but I guess I am learning it again. 

The plans for my surgery are uncertain, but some things are certain. God loves me and is working for my good in the midst of all of this. I can trust in His loving care for me. And you can trust in Him in the midst of your circumstances too! 

2 comments:

  1. Our prayers continue, we'll ask that the surgery be sooner for you to return "as originally scheduled". And for your patience in the surgery, the recovery and for peace to know that you are in the hands of your Heavenly Father, and he DOES know best. hugs, dear sister-in-Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just keep holding on to all those promises. Lots of people are praying for you. XXXOOO
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete