Thursday, January 30, 2014

Too late

Since our flight left Atlanta about an hour and a half later than scheduled, our transition here in London was going to be tight. We made up some time in the air, which still made catching the flight to Entebbe, Uganda theoretically possible. Toward the end of our flight from Atlanta I asked a flight attendant if there was anyway we could get out of the plane quickly in order to have time to catch our connection. For the last 20 minutes we were able to move up to Club World to sit near the exit. Yay!
When we landed there were ground crew members there to help us to our connection. Even with all of that, we missed the flight to Entebbe. So now we are here in London Heatheow for the day. We are going to catch an overnight flight to Nairobi, Kenya on Kenya Air, then have a short layover and flight to Entebbe, Uganda, also on Kenya Air. 

I am scheduled to arrive in Uganda around 9:15 am local time, which is 8 hours ahead of eastern time. Ezra and I are both pretty exhausted and I have started crying several different times in the airport here. Please pray that I will persevere and remember the truths that God is working for my good, even in this situation. I know that in my head, but I am still pretty discouraged right now. 

When I am sad or discouraged, I generally try to spend some time thanking God for things. So right now I am going to thank God for this playground at the airport. Ezra is playing and happy even though he has only had about 4-5 hours of sleep. I am also thankful that there is a way for me to get to Uganda tomorrow morning, so I do not have to wait another full day to be with my family. Well, I think we will try to go get some lunch even though it still feels like nighttime to me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment