Thursday, January 23, 2014

Post-op meeting with the surgeon

Today I met with the surgeon to clarify the post-op report. He did confirm that at the end of the procedure there were clean margins and normal tissue. Praise God! But he also wanted me to know that the high-grade dysplasia (pre-cancer) was discontiguous, which means there were areas of normal tissue in between areas of high-grade dysplasia, which apparently means I am more likely to develop dysplasia again. I am supposed to have follow up care every 3 months in order watch for this. Obviously, that is not very convenient since I live in Uganda. So when I return to Uganda next week, David and I will discuss a plan to responsibly monitor my tongue while still doing the work that God has called us to do at Good Shepherd's Fold.

This morning I woke early and had some time to read some in  the book of 2 Corinthians. There were several passages that were particularly encouraging to me today. 

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal. (2 Corinthians 4:16-18)
Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Corinthians 12:8-10)

I hope you are also encouraged today by things that are eternal. Today I am resting in the eternal love of Jesus Christ. His power is perfect in the midst of my weakness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment