Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Alex update

Since Zeke plays with Bobby at Claudia's house every school day, I get to see Alex several times a day, in the morning, at lunch time and often in the afternoon if he is not still napping. It is amazing to see the transformation that God has brought about in his life through prayer, loving care and nutritious food. Today while I was holding him and kissing his head he smiled at me. I had seen him smile at others, but this was the first time he smiled at me. His smile brought me so much joy! This little boy who was barely surviving just weeks ago is now getting chubbier cheeks, and is even smiling! He has started crawling, pulling to stand, and even walking when someone is holding him up by the  hands. We all celebrated and praised God when he had his first solid bowel movement in at least a month. Thank you for your prayers for Alex and for Claudia and her family as they care for him. Here is a cute photo of Ezra with Alex. Bobby and Zeke are playing in the background. I don't think I could have gotten all four of those boys together in a photo if I was trying. See Alex's full belly and healthier looking face? Today I also realized that I could not feel all of his ribs while holding him. Praise God! 

No comments:

Post a Comment