Monday, June 17, 2013

Wow, what a day!



Today was quite a busy, exciting and a bit overwhelming day. This was our last morning to wake up in our "Georgia home" for a while. Today we moved out our furniture with the help of some friends. Now our house just has containers of things going to Africa and boxes for the few things that are going in the attic. I was a bit sad about leaving the home we have lived in for the last 11 years. Around 8 pm we finally headed over to the missionary guest house where we will be staying for our last 2 weeks here in the states. I was feeling a bit sad about leaving our home, until we pulled into the driveway. It had rained quite a bit so the creek was rushing, the fireflies were out, and the kids were so excited! They explored the woods and creek a bit, caught themselves a nightlight, and found a cat that has adopted the missionary families who stay here. Esther has been asking for a cat for quite some time, and she really enjoyed feeding and petting it. The cat is now named "Emily." Elijah has already asked if we can stay here on furlough. And before Ezra went to sleep he said, "Everything is just how I wanted it." I am so thankful for this nice house to live in for our last two weeks here. It isn't possible to stay in our house and move out of it at the same time, so this guesthouse is just what we needed. I am so grateful! It feels like our adventure has begun! We have many more adventures ahead, but for now I am just thankful for a comfy bed. It has been a long day and I am ready to rest!

1 comment:

  1. I know my Emily would LOVE that Esther named the cat "Emily"! ;-)

    ReplyDelete