Monday, May 6, 2013

Inside Out and Back Again book review by Elijah







Elijah recently read a book and wanted to write a blog post with some of his thoughts about it. Below is what he wrote:
Front Cover
I just finished reading a book called Inside Out & Back Again. It is about a ten year old girl called Hà. When her family has to move from Saigon, they end up in Alabama. The kids at her school make fun of her name, and call her "Pancake face". Imagine having to eat lunch in the bathroom in order not to be made fun of. She feels like a stranger, and she’s not the only one. This book reminds me of a song that says "all I know is I’m not home yet, this is not where I belong." So Hà is not the only one who is lost, and we are only lost temporarily. Because God will always find us. This is a very good book, and I would recommend it for kids who are moving to a foreign place.
Getting ready to go to Uganda, I could learn a few things from Hà. For instance, I could improve on my Lugandan. I could try to make friends and learn about their ways of life. This is a very good book, and I would recommend it for kids who are going to a different country.

No comments:

Post a Comment