Saturday, February 16, 2013

Chattanooga and The Good Shepherd

Right now I am sitting at Pasha's, a coffee shop in Chattanooga, reflecting on the loving care of my Good Shepherd. I just had a very encouraging meeting with a friend whom I have not seen in years. She shared with me a beautiful story of God's protection of another friend's two year old as their family was serving the Lord in India. Yesterday I had the joy of visiting with some faculty and staff at Covenant College. It was so very encouraging to reconnect with them! As I was talking with one professor he shared with me something he recently heard, maybe in a sermon. He said that the shepherd goes ahead of the sheep to prepare the way. The shepherd does this to protect the sheep and find the best pasture. It was so encouraging to remember that our Good Shepherd is going before us in Uganda to prepare the way. He is looking out for us. He is planning the best place for us to live while our house is being built. He is going before us to provide the support we need to raise. He has gone before us to prepare our hearts and our children's hearts for this ministry. He has gone before me to provide me with great encouragement during my meetings with friends here in Chattanooga. And most importantly, He has gone before us and provided salvation and righteousness for us through His life, death and resurrection. Here is what our Good Shepherd reminds us in His Word.

Here are some of the green pastures on the farm at GSF
"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever." (Psalm 23:1-6 ESV)

I hope that you will remember God's gracious loving care as He goes before you this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment