Tuesday, March 27, 2012

We leave for Uganda tomorrow, and we are very excited! I am struggling with some anxiety, as I feel like this trip will be life changing. We think that this trip will confirm whether this is where we are called to serve long-term, so that is pretty life changing. I think I worry when I forget that no matter where we are, our loving Heavenly Father will be caring for us and working for our good. The trouble is, sometimes I care more about being comfortable than wanting the good that God is doing of building His kingdom and making us more like Jesus. I am praying that I will see things in Uganda from God's perspective, of the work He is doing in the midst of poverty and so many orphans, and praying that He will teach me to rest in His loving, sovereign control. I have seen God's loving care much in these last few days, in the hands of friends helping me pack, in the words of encouragement spoken from so many, in the ways God's people have offered to care for my children, in the letters and cards I have received, in the sweet times with my children, and in the prayers of friends and family. You all have been God's hands and feet in our lives. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment