Saturday, March 31, 2012

We are here!

We arrived in Uganda Thursday night late. The trip was very exhausting, but we stayed in a guesthouse in Entebbe and got a good night's sleep. It was a beautiful place. The next day driving around Kampala and shopping with the missionaries, was a bit crazy and overwhelming. I think the most dangerous part of the trip was driving through traffic in Kampala. I was feeling exhausted and a bit anxious. But then we drove out of Kampala, and once we reached the Mabira Forrest, it was beautiful and a breath of fresh air, literally. Then we went through some rural villages, and eventually arrived at GSF. When we came to the gate, the children and the house moms, other missionaries, the missionary kids and even the guards, were singing and dancing and playing drums welcoming us. They were shouting "Welcome Auntie Lisa and Uncle Fish." We got out and the children came and hugged us and the little children wanted to be held. A girl with special needs held my hand for about 30 minutes as we walked around campus. I just wept. This is a beautiful place. There are definitely things that are different, and difficult, but I am very glad we are here. Today we are in the city of Jinja, and they have good internet, so I am able to update you a bit. Jinja is a neat town about 20 minutes from GSF. At GSF, we have had inconsistent electricity and not good internet connection. I'm not sure if I will be able to update you more, but thank you all for your prayers! I also really miss my kids, so please pray for me and my emotions. Thank you all!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're safely there! I've been wanting to talk to you, but I know you've been busy. Uganda has had a special place in my heart for a few years now, ever since I started following Dr. and Mrs. Myhre's blog. Have a special time there, listening to God. Your children are being well taken care of, of course. :) ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete